First Bus Glasgow Jobs
Hiring for Trainee and PCV Bus Drivers in Glasgow
We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and we've launched the driving careers of thousands of people across the UK. You will be joining a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology. From mobile apps to carbon-friendly buses, we're leading the way.
We love welcoming new and experienced Bus Drivers to our team across Glasgow. We are looking for drivers to join us at our Caledonia, Blantyre, Scotstoun, Overtown and Dumbarton depots. Join us as a Trainee or Experienced Bus Driver and you will earn between £12.83 and £13.50 per hour, rising to £14.25 - £15 per hour after 12 months service.
We offer part and full-time working patterns, with part-time working contracts up to 25 hours per week, and full-time working contracts from 38 hours per week.
What we're looking for
If you're a patient, safe driver with good people skills, you're the perfect fit for our driving team.
- Trainees need a full UK driving licence (with no more than 6 points)
- Experienced drivers require a PCV licence and up to date CPC
- All drivers need the flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- The minimum age is 18, with at least 6 months’ driving experience.
On top of your salary, there are some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: ASDA, Specsavers, Costa, B&Q and many more
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted FirstGroup shares.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.firstbus.co.uk/
Get in touch
Fill out your details and message, using the following form, to contact the business directly.