Looking for Trainee and PCV Bus Drivers
We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and we've launched the driving careers of thousands of people across the UK. You will be joining a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology. From mobile apps to carbon-friendly buses, we're leading the way.
Our head office is situated at Caledonia Depot, on the south side of the City Centre. We have four other depots - Scotstoun, Dumbarton, Overtown and Blantyre - giving us the capability to cover the significant area and population of Greater Glasgow and Lanarkshire.
We are looking for Trainee and PCV Bus Drivers to join us across our five depots in Glasgow.
At our City Depots (Caledonia & Scotstoun) the salary is £13.00 per hour from day 1 for Trainees and PCV Licence holders. At our Suburban Depots (Blantyre, Dumbarton and Overtown) the salary is £12.35 per hour from day 1 for Trainees and PCV Licence holders. This is an average salary of £27k, with the potential to earn up to £32k.
We offer part and full-time working patterns, with part-time working contracts up to 25 hours per week, and full-time working contracts from 38 hours per week.
On top of your salary, there are some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted FirstGroup shares
- Career progression opportunities
The minimum age is 18, with at least 6 months' driving experience. Don't worry if you've never driven anything bigger than a car before. We provide top-class training on our modern, automatic buses.
Bus driving is a rewarding career. You'll be providing a service that customers value and rely on. Getting to work or school. Doctor's appointments. Visiting Nan. Popping to the shops. Heading into town. The journey home. Bus drivers are key workers who keep everyday life moving for local communities.
Get in touch
Fill out your details and message, using the following form, to contact the business directly.